Mark at the ASCAP "I Create Music" EXPO
Los Angeles, CA
When Demos Turn Into Masters; The importance and relevance of project studio recordings Panel Discussion
The current Music Industry landscape has put much more weight on home and project studio recordings. Computer technology has been revolutionized to the point where an artist can render master quality recordings that can be published, acquired by a label "as is" or integrated into a higher budget project with the help of an established producer. With this in mind, artists need to focus in on creating the best work possible which in turn will open doors and create further opportunity for a promising career. These major label music industry professionals will discuss various technical topics as well as music placement, A&R, and how it all ties in to the state of the music industry.
MODERATOR: Jimmy Landry - Producer, Engineer, Songwriter; A&R Consultant - Cakewalk
- "Spider" Ron Entwistle - Producer, Songwriter, Remixer
- Alex Hackford - A&R - Sony Computer Entertainment America/Playstation
- Gavin Haverstick - Lead Acoustical Engineer - Auralex Acoustics
- Emanuel Kiriakou - Songwriter, Producer - "Crush," "What's Left of Me," "A Million Miles," "2 in the Morning"
- Ankur Malhotra - A&R, Urban/Pop - Capitol Records